Friday, September 23, 2011

Modern Steak - Modern Amazing


I found my new favorite restaurant!

Setting: the restaurant is beautiful, as expected from Fox Concepts. Its got plenty of seating, but I chose to sit outside. Once outside, I didn't feel like I was attached to a mall at all. The bright white tables, walls and decorative...screen(?) totally put you in this nice, peaceful place. There happened to be a TV where I was sitting, but it was pretty well hidden (not like a typical restaurant that puts giant screens at the center of attention).

Service: the service was amazing from the start. The hostess seated me in less than 5 minutes (probably because I was a party of one due to this being a last minute decision). The waitress was fantastic, and hooked me up with my favorite local brew - Four Peaks: Kilt Lifter. Any place that has local brews is on my good side. The waitress even went as far as pouring the rest of my beer in the glass when I was running low (instead of me pouring it out of the bottle myself), not something I'm used too. When I ordered my three course meal, everything came fast but in perfect timing (not too fast). It was brought out by someone from the kitchen, and I always had a fresh set of silverware.

Food: This is where it gets REALLY good. I started with the cucumber shrimp cocktail, and it was absolutely amazing. Lots of shrimp, and when combined with the cucumber, cocktail sauce and celery, it was the most perfect combination of flavors. Awesome for a warm September evening.


I had the filet mignon with Yukon potatoes and green beans for my second course. I ordered it medium, and it was spot on. The meat melted in my mouth, and was perfect with the potatoes and a little bit of sauce that was around it. Beans: well, I hate beans, but these were phenomenal.


Dessert was the strawberry shortcake, which someone said was their favorite, so I had to try. It was so fluffy and fresh I wish it didn't have to end. Once again: perfect!


Overall, this is an absolutely amazing restaurant. I came and got the restaurant week special ($30 for three courses), and it was worth every penny. Their normal prices are a bit higher, but I strongly urge you to treat yourself to some incredible food here. It's definitely worth it!
This entry was posted in .

0 comments:

Post a Comment