Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Top 5 Design Blogs



Holy not-blogging-in-forever! I’d apologize, but there’s a totally awesome reason why I haven’t been blogging: because I’ve been reading other blogs. Design blogs! I don’t know why I’ve been coming across so many recently, but several design sites have been appearing. I figured this would be a perfect time to share all the epicness that my eyes have been seeing over the past few weeks. So here’s my top five favorite design blogs that have consumed my life:

5. Designspiration

I’ve actually known about this blog for a while, but recently I’ve been crazy addicted to it. Constantly checking it every day before work and during lunch to get some more inspiration. The content totally varies from photography & architecture, to creative work spaces & vintage logos. It’s a simple site, and sometimes is just the creative break I need throughout the day...or, in my case, every morning. Seriously. I can’t get enough of this site!

4. Design Work Life

This blog is pretty sweet, and has a big focus on printed & vintage pieces. I love it because it’s one of the few blogs that keeps posting EVERY day (unlike some people...#oops). The work is usually really colorful and fun, with minimal, minimalism. Although I’m a fan of minimalistic work, I do like to see a crazy complicated and colorful illustration every so often (this is also coming from a guy who wears red sunglasses, a red watch, keeps his phone in a yellow case and doesn’t own a single black piece of clothing). #ilovecolor

3. You The Designer

The perfect balance of productivity and creative inspiration comes in the form of this blog. YouTheDesigner.com is packed full of tips for freelance (and full-time) designers, as well as a lot of the creative inspiration you find in blogs like Designspiration and Design Work Life. From day to day, I never know what I’m going to get with this blog, but I know it’s going to be good!

2. Identity Designed

Identity design is a beautiful thing, and I love this blog for the simple fact that it goes deep into the new and creative identities of companies. The businesses are mostly ones I’ve never heard of, but the site goes as far as posting the process of the designers, like, sketches and stuff. I love it! This site doesn’t post every day, but it’s been pretty good at feeding its readers at least once a week. Honestly, it’s worth the wait.

1. Wanken

This blog can be summed up with one word: Wankenful! Started by Shelby White (the creator of Designspiration) this blog is a plethora of architecture, motion graphics, vintage design, photography and the list goes on and on. There hasn’t been one thing Shelby’s posted that I haven’t liked. The best part: this blog is updated nearly every day with amazing work that he finds and sometimes even creates. Total #awesomesauce.

So there you have it! My current Top 5 Favorite Design Blogs. These sites are an amazing little break of creative freedom and inspiration that I honestly look forward to checking out every day.

Now, what are your favorite design blogs? Leave a link in the comments below!

0 comments:

Post a Comment