Monday, May 23, 2011

Lady Gaga - Born This Way



As I'm sure you've heard, Lady Gaga's new "Born this Way" album came out this week. Now, I'm not a Gaga fanatic or a Gaga hater, I just simply enjoy her music. There's no denying the fact that she's a superpower in pop culture for the this generation, and has one of the largest fan bases of our time (next to the Biebs). Since the album hit Rhapsody, I've been listening to the entire "bonus track" version all day, and have my conclusion; I'm kind of disappointed.

The songs are great, don't get me wrong, but the "80's semi-rock motorcycle theme with a country mix" isn't exactly the Gaga beat I know and love. Simply put; I like/miss her old music. The Fame was one of the better albums in my eyes, but with a massive chart-topping album like that, I suppose it would be hard to top. The Born This Way album is full of some great songs, but it's just not my cup of tea. The lyrics are definitely more powerful though, with some pretty strong messages throughout.

Overall, too me, "Born This Way" wasn't exactly #winning, it was more of a #NoThanks. Anyone else miss the "Fame Monster"?

0 comments:

Post a Comment