Monday, May 23, 2011

How to Sync Facebook Events with Google Calendar


Back when I was on T-Mobile, my MyTouch 3G Slide had this really nice feature that synced my Facebook Events with my Google Calendar. Everything from "maybes" to "attending" to even my friends birthdays was all in one calendar on my phone. I loved this feature, but totally lost it when I made the switch to Virgin Mobile and got the LG Optimus. After missing the last Creative Connect because no alarm when off on my phone to remind me, I snooped the Google and found out how to sync my Facebook Events and Birthdays with my Google Calendar.

It's actually a lot easier than I expected. Here's what you do:

Step One: On your Facebook homepage, click on the "Events" link to the left. This will pull up all your current and future events.

Step Two: Scroll to the bottom of that events page, and click on "Export Events". A window will then pop up.

Step Three: DON'T click on the link in the window. Instead, select and copy that link.

Step Four: Go to your Google Calendar and click "Add" in the left hand column where you would normally add calendars.

Step Five: When the menu pops up, select "Add by URL"

Step Six: Simply paste the link you copied from Facebook and hit "Add" then, you're done!

Easy, right?! If you rely on your phone to keep you on track from hour-to-hour like I do, than this little tip should help tremendously.

0 comments:

Post a Comment